Subject: Re: [bug#39086] [PATCH 5/5] gnu: ibus: Disable parallel build.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 22:13:24 +0100

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/ibus (arguments): Disable parallel build.

This should be:

    * gnu/packages/ibus.scm (ibus)[arguments]: Disable parallel build.

Hint: if you’re using Emacs with Magit and Yasnippets you can cut down
on a few of these commit message errors (in simple cases).  The snippets
are not very helpful in this particular case, but at least they get the
file name right ;)

>      (arguments
>       `(#:tests? #f  ; tests fail because there's no connection to dbus
> +       ;; Parallel build would fail after I added Emoji support.  This appears
> +       ;; to be a race condition, but I'm unsure what exactly triggers it.
> +       #:parallel-build? #f

Please don’t use “I” because it isn’t obvious from the context who is
speaking.  It’s better to keep it short and impersonal.

-- 
Ricardo