Subject: Re: bug#39079: SBCL CFFI from Guix unable to find dynamic libraries

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:11:39 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Note that this is a feature, not a bug, so if that's the cause of the 
>> problem, there is nothing to do about it. You'd have to compile sbcl 
>> with the toolchain of the foreign distro.
>
> You don't have to use another SBCL.  If you look at how we package
> cffi-based libraries (e.g. sbcl-cl-sqlite), you'll see that we set the
> path to the .so manually to the store location.  This should not raise
> any issue.

Not with shared libraries in Guix, I agree. But the problem was with
shared libraries from the foreign distros. Guix actually tries hard
*not* to make them accessible (in order to ensure reproducibility),
so I wonder if this bug should be closed as "not a bug".

Cheers,
  Konrad.