Subject: bug#39060: closed (Re: bug#39060: Broken emacs-guix link in the Web manual)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 23:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39060: Broken emacs-guix link in the Web manual

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39060: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39060
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39060: Broken emacs-guix link in the Web manual
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 00:26:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]>
skribis:

> sameerynho/lxsameer on #guix helpfully reported that ‘The Emacs-Guix
> Reference Manual’ here[0] points to the wrong domain (guix.gnu.org).
> The source is
>
>  @pxref{Top,,, emacs-guix, The Emacs-Guix Reference Manual}
>
> so I thought this would be a trivial fix but lo:
>
>  EMACS_GUIX = https://emacs-guix.gitlab.io/website/manual/latest
>  emacs-guix      mono    ${EMACS_GUIX}/emacs-guix.html
>  emacs-guix      node    ${EMACS_GUIX}/html_node/
>
> is already present in doc/htmlxref.cnf!

I believe f9e0488c5002d3a102243583e408fa5f54b826eb fixes it; let’s see
once the web pages have been updated (should be within an hour).

The problem remains, though, when running “make guix.html”.  It seems
that the only way to fix it would be to move ‘htmlxref.cnf’ at the
top-level, next to ‘Makefile.am’.  I don’t mind ignoring this issue,
though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: Broken emacs-guix link in the Web manual
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 01:02:07 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Guix,

sameerynho/lxsameer on #guix helpfully reported that ‘The 
Emacs-Guix Reference Manual’ here[0] points to the wrong domain 
(guix.gnu.org).  The source is

  @pxref{Top,,, emacs-guix, The Emacs-Guix Reference Manual}

so I thought this would be a trivial fix but lo:

  EMACS_GUIX = https://emacs-guix.gitlab.io/website/manual/latest
  emacs-guix      mono    ${EMACS_GUIX}/emacs-guix.html
  emacs-guix      node    ${EMACS_GUIX}/html_node/

is already present in doc/htmlxref.cnf!

And that's where my Texinfo knowledge ends.

Cluebat me,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Package-Management.html#Package-Management