Subject: bug#39058: 26.1; epg-sign-string should report an error if no pinentry is available

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 11:33:53 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm able to reproduce this when clicking "cancel" in the pinentry
> window -- no error is signalled anywhere, which I think it should be.
> I'll try to look into that.

Right.  When I press "cancel" in the pinentry window, there's no data
output in the egp buffer, but the following lands in the
epg-context-error-buffer...  and is then ignored, and we return a
success:

gpgsm: Note: non-critical certificate policy not allowed
gpgsm: Note: non-critical certificate policy not allowed
gpgsm: DBG: adding certificates at level -2
gpgsm: error creating signature: Operation cancelled <Pinentry>

I think I've now fixed this bit in Emacs 28.1.  It's likely this fix
also corrects signing when there's no pinentry program at all, but I'm
not sure how to test that.  Could you test the fix in Emacs 28.1?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no