Subject: Re: bug#38172: WebkitGTK-based browsers: System volume suddenly maxed out when playing audio or video

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 17:48:01 +0100

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, den 09.01.2020, 21:48 +0100 schrieb Marius Bakke:
>> 
>> I have a preference for making this field empty initially to have a
>> 1:1
>> compatibility with the current PA client and daemon configuration
>> (i.e. nothing).  Then a follow-up patch can add this new
>> configuration,
>> perhaps with an explaining comment.
> Fair enough.  This would mean I'd have to split 0001 into two, but
> okay.

Excellent.  :-)

>> Does it make sense to have default-script and system-script default
>> to
>> (file-append pulseaudio "...") and avoid the conditional altogether?
> The idea behind it was to have the script itself in the code rather
> than asking users to construct a mixed-text-file, but I'm fine either
> way.

Right.  I just have a preference for the default being "up-front",
instead of magic hiding behind an #f.  :-)

There's also LOCAL-FILE and PLAIN-FILE, which are more "obvious" than
MIXED-TEXT-FILE.

It could be useful to support plain strings for users who don't wish to
much about with G-expressions though, hopefully users will send a bug
report if they find it limiting.