Subject: Re: bug#39045: Fwd: Possible regression - "repeated buffer insertion consumes excessive memory"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 12:48:27 +0200

Peter Ludemann <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm observing creeping memory increase (at one point, emacs was using
> over 3.8GB before I restarted it), possibly related to running
> compilations with large amounts of output. Seems related to Bug#26952
> (which my Bug#38629 seemed to be a duplicate of), and which was fixed
> in emacs 26.3. It seems to have reappeared in emacs 28.0.50, but with
> a difference -- I'm not seeing the high CPU usage that I previously
> observed with the high memory use (perhaps this is because
> global-auto-revert has been improved in 28.0.50).
>
> What information should I collect to confirm this problem and to help
> someone debug it?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

Do you still see this problem in Emacs 28.1?  If so, do you have a
recipe to reproduce it, starting from "emacs -Q"?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no