Subject: bug#39040: closed (Re: bug#39040: 26.3; calc: interval forms entry not working with single digits )

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39040: 26.3; calc: interval forms entry not working with single digits

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39040: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39040
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39040: 26.3; calc: interval forms entry not working with single digits
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: Michel Schinz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 20:03:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

10 jan. 2020 kl. 19.27 skrev Michel Schinz <[email-masked]>:

> I've done some very limited testing, by manually changing the code on
> my version of calc according to your patch, and it seems to do the
> trick indeed!

Excellent! Pushed; the fix will be in the soon-to-be-released Emacs 27.1.

> Thanks again (and thanks for fixing the other calc bug I reported last
> summer [about Julian days], I went on holidays just after reporting and
> completely forgot to reply, sorry).

The pleasure was all mine --- not every day I get to mess with calendar intricacies.

Subject: 26.3; calc: interval forms entry not working with single digits
From: "Michel Schinz" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 16:09:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe:
- start Emacs (with -Q),
- launch Calc (M-x calc RET),
- type an opening parenthesis, to start an interval form,
- type the digit 1,
- type the dot twice (..) to indicate an interval form (see §4.12 and
  §4.13 of the Calc manual),
- notice that the (incomplete) interval form at the top of stack is
  incorrect: it is "(-inf .. ..." instead of "(1 .. ..." as it should be.

Notice that this problem only appears if a single digit (0 to 9) is
entered as the beginning of the interval form. All other values,
including -0 (negative zero), seem to work correctly. Also, using "M-x
calc-dots" instead of typing two consecutive dots works correctly.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109))
 of 2019-09-02 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Welcome to the GNU Emacs Calculator!  Press ‘?’ or ‘h’ for help, ‘q’ to quit

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils calccomp calc-incom calc-ext
calc-misc calc-menu easymenu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs elec-pair
time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 233715 7904)
 (symbols 48 23046 1)
 (miscs 40 73 183)
 (strings 32 34483 1539)
 (string-bytes 1 878671)
 (vectors 16 36200)
 (vector-slots 8 747486 14754)
 (floats 8 48 68)
 (intervals 56 220 0)
 (buffers 992 14))