Subject: bug#39023: adduser/addgroup vs useradd/groupadd

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 05:03:27 +0100

Hullo Simon,

zimoun 写道：
> options:
>
>  a/ explicitly notice in the parenthesis that the chunk needs to 
>  be
> adapted; mentioning adduser/addgroup instead of useradd/groupadd 
> for
> example.

There's also:

  c/ do nothing, or

  d/ include the complete code snippet provided by symphonia, but 
  as an ‘out-of-band’ footnote to avoid confusion/blind 
  copy-pasting/distracting the majority of (GNU) users with 
  irrelevant variants.

With a/, the user won't know which options to change, or how. 
They might not understand our ‘useradd’ syntax, and won't have its 
man page installed.

As implied by my reply to Gábor, b/ isn't an option so I've 
snipped it.

I strongly prefer option d/.

> What do the *NIX gurus think?

GNU's not *NIX! :o)  (Nor is it POSIX.)

Kind regards,

T G-R