Subject: bug#38998: closed (Re: bug#38998: emacs-treemacs missing icons)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 00:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38998: emacs-treemacs missing icons

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38998: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38998
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38998: emacs-treemacs missing icons
From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 03:15:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for the report.

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi, I cherry-picked emacs-treemacs and emacs-treemacs-extras from Guix
> master. emacs-treemacs mode runs in Emacs, but the icons are missing,
> and Message buffer is filled with messages like "Cannot find image file
> ‘/home/christopher/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-
> lisp/icons/default/root.png'". These icons do not seem to be in the
> emacs-treemacs or emacs-treemacs-extras store directories after I build
> the packages. I haven't been able to figure out yet what other package
> is required to get these icons.

Fix in c4970c53a6f9ce1b1d54c0bd59d62a4507f55b5b for icons pushed to
master, as well as for Python scripts [1], (make sure Git is installed):

[1]:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[Treemacs] treemacs-git-status.py wrote to stderr (see full output in *Messages*): /home/oleg/.guix-profile/bin/python3: can't open file '/gnu/store/j95anfsk0pk...
[Treemacs] treemacs-git-status.py wrote to stderr: /home/oleg/.guix-profile/bin/python3: can't open file '/gnu/store/j95anfsk0pkxclx6ya8hnx176qywp315-emacs-treemacs-2.6/src/scripts/treemacs-git-status.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Oleg.

Subject: emacs-treemacs missing icons
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 12:36:05 -0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, I cherry-picked emacs-treemacs and emacs-treemacs-extras from Guix
master. emacs-treemacs mode runs in Emacs, but the icons are missing,
and Message buffer is filled with messages like "Cannot find image file
‘/home/christopher/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-
lisp/icons/default/root.png'". These icons do not seem to be in the
emacs-treemacs or emacs-treemacs-extras store directories after I build
the packages. I haven't been able to figure out yet what other package
is required to get these icons.

-- 
Christopher Howard
Enterprise Solutions Manager
Alaska Satellite Internet
PO Box 70, Ester, AK 99725
3239 La Ree Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
907.451.0088
1.888.396.5623
www.alaskasatelliteinternet.com