Subject: 26.3; EBDB saves the database on Emacs exit even when told not to

From: [email-masked] (Jorge P. de Morais Neto)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 15:30:42 -0300

Hi.  The latest EBDB (0.6.11) saves the database on Emacs exit even when
told not to.  To reproduce the error on a minimally customized Emacs:

1. Place the attached ebdb database on .emacs.d
2. Start Emacs and invoke M-x ebdb <RET><RET>
3. Move to the notes field of the John Doe record
4. Remove the field with C-k
5. Exit EBDB by pressing "q"
6. Hit C-x C-c to exit Emacs.  When asked whether to save the EBDB
   database, answer no.
7. Restart Emacs
8. Invoke M-x ebdb <RET><RET>
9. Notice that the database was altered.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.12)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading EBDB sources...
Initializing EBDB records... done
Formatting EBDB...done.

Configured using:
 'configure
 CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash
 SHELL=/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash
 --prefix=/gnu/store/hg2qd5ggvnxq5gfdhxqpidhm3rr8vysr-emacs-26.3
 --enable-fast-install --with-modules --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/jorge/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp:/home/jorge/.guix-profile/share/emacs/26.3/lisp
  value of $LC_MONETARY: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: EBDB

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils ebdb-com crm mailabbrev ebdb-format ebdb cl-extra
help-mode eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base pcase subr-x cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs map timezone
elec-pair finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars guix-emacs rx seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 144067 9239)
 (symbols 48 24680 2)
 (miscs 40 88 149)
 (strings 32 44118 1235)
 (string-bytes 1 1247821)
 (vectors 16 22805)
 (vector-slots 8 639565 8596)
 (floats 8 55 62)
 (intervals 56 288 0)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.
- Free/libre software for Replicant, LineageOS and Android: https://f-droid.org
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]