Subject: bug#38993: closed (Re: bug#38993: 26.3; EBDB saves the database on Emacs exit even when told not to)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38993: 26.3; EBDB saves the database on Emacs exit even when told not to

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38993: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38993
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38993: 26.3; EBDB saves the database on Emacs exit even when told not to
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: Jorge P. de Morais Neto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:38:28 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> New release as soon as I've got the Org tags thing fixed...

That's taking too long, so I've done a bugfix release in the meantime,
and am closing this.

Thanks,
Eric

Subject: 26.3; EBDB saves the database on Emacs exit even when told not to
From: [email-masked] (Jorge P. de Morais Neto)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 15:30:42 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi.  The latest EBDB (0.6.11) saves the database on Emacs exit even when
told not to.  To reproduce the error on a minimally customized Emacs:

1. Place the attached ebdb database on .emacs.d
2. Start Emacs and invoke M-x ebdb <RET><RET>
3. Move to the notes field of the John Doe record
4. Remove the field with C-k
5. Exit EBDB by pressing "q"
6. Hit C-x C-c to exit Emacs.  When asked whether to save the EBDB
   database, answer no.
7. Restart Emacs
8. Invoke M-x ebdb <RET><RET>
9. Notice that the database was altered.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.12)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading EBDB sources...
Initializing EBDB records... done
Formatting EBDB...done.

Configured using:
 'configure
 CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash
 SHELL=/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash
 --prefix=/gnu/store/hg2qd5ggvnxq5gfdhxqpidhm3rr8vysr-emacs-26.3
 --enable-fast-install --with-modules --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/jorge/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp:/home/jorge/.guix-profile/share/emacs/26.3/lisp
  value of $LC_MONETARY: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: EBDB

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils ebdb-com crm mailabbrev ebdb-format ebdb cl-extra
help-mode eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base pcase subr-x cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs map timezone
elec-pair finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars guix-emacs rx seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 144067 9239)
 (symbols 48 24680 2)
 (miscs 40 88 149)
 (strings 32 44118 1235)
 (string-bytes 1 1247821)
 (vectors 16 22805)
 (vector-slots 8 639565 8596)
 (floats 8 55 62)
 (intervals 56 288 0)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.
- Free/libre software for Replicant, LineageOS and Android: https://f-droid.org
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]