Subject: bug#38992: 27.0.60; when enabled, fido-mode seems to break vc-git-grep

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 16:17:15 +0200

On 05.03.2020 16:10, João Távora wrote:
> Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 2:03 PM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> How about 'M-x exit-minibuffer RET'? :-) If it's indeed a rare situation.
> 
> M-x doesn't work within an active minibuffer, does it?

Seems to work fine in this situation. Starting with 'emacs -Q', no extra 
config on my part except 'M-x fido-mode'.

> Anyway, it should
> be rare among all the possible UIs and situations out there,
> but once you hit one, it's likely to hurt you repeatedly.  So let's not
> be needlessly strict.

I don't want to be too strict, but I also don't want users shooting 
themselves in the foot.

Or to feel that I can't rely on REQUIRE-MATCH when calling 
completing-read in a program.

>> I will recuse myself by saying I have no opinion on C-u.
> 
> Then I will take over this investigation ;-)

Thank you.