Subject: bug#38992: 27.0.60; when enabled, fido-mode seems to break vc-git-grep

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 11:51:35 +0000

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 9:59 AM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> But why? REQUIRE-MATCH is there for a reason. The caller does not expect
> non-matching inputs, and is unlikely to handle them well.
>
> If non-matching input can make sense, then the caller needs to be changed.
>

Sure, but before that happens, users get annoyed :-) so let's provide
an "out" for them.

No, I meant a problem in overall behavior. But it seems fine to me as well.

OK, at this point I think you should push this to Emacs 27, and I'll work
with
it for a while and flag if I see some bad stuff.  We mostly need testing
for this
new mode (I wonder how many people are testing it, besides the original
poster).

-- 
João Távora