Subject: Re: bug#38992: 27.0.60; when enabled, fido-mode seems to break vc-git-grep

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 10:36:36 +0200

On 05.03.2020 10:01, João Távora wrote:

>  >  ido-mode users, however, like to use RET for arbitrary inputs as well.
> 
> Let's first _not_ change the current fido-mode UI ok? At least
> for now.  Later (even before Emacs 27) could be fine.

It only changed according to our previous discussion. E.g. RET can now 
accept '*.c' as pattern to search for in 'M-x grep'.

Of course, if there were any matches in the completion table for that 
input, RET would choose the first match.

Let me know if you see a problem there.

>  > The previous patches are attached to the older message. Not too hard to
>  > find on the debbugs bug page.
> 
> I'm just looking for the patch to minibuffer.el that I remember you
> saying you were preparing. (I'm sorry, but I don't have time right now to
> find it in this very poor Gmail UI).  I've pulled from your branch in Git
> and yours patches look fine, but really I don't understand the minibuffer
> one anymore at this kind of distance.  But it it's the one we talked about
> when I did understand it, I'm all for it.

I think so.