Subject: bug#38967: 27.0.60; Incorrect 'from' header when gnus-summary-mail-forward called from nnir group

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 09:31:43 +0000

Steps:
1. Do nnir search on an IMAP group to create a temp nnir group
   C-u G G <RET> search-term <RET> subject <RET>
2. Process mark a few articles using '#' key
3. gnus-summary-attach-article (S A) selects from address that is specified in
   the configuration variable user-mail-address 

The desired behaviour is to pick the address specified for the group
on which the NNIR search is invoked. I have tried
gnus-summary-mail-forward (C-c C-f). And the behaviour is
correct there. From address is picked from the current group.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 8, x86_64-apple-darwin19.2.0, NS appkit-1894.20 Version 10.15.2 (Build 19C57))
 of 2020-01-06 built on Pankajs-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 088bfcc2d80eed44864147f3491eff69e4eb5cd8
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.2

Recent messages:
Requesting article 128759 from group nnimap+otp:INBOX
Requesting article 129125 from group nnimap+otp:INBOX
Requesting article 129130 from group nnimap+otp:INBOX
Requesting article 129479 from group nnimap+otp:INBOX
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
funcall-interactively: Text is read-only

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig
 'HARFBUZZ_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/Cellar/harfbuzz/2.6.4/include/harfbuzz
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.62.2/include/glib-2.0
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.62.2/lib/glib-2.0/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/Cellar/pcre/8.43/include
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/graphite2/1.3.13/include'
 'HARFBUZZ_LIBS=-L/usr/local/Cellar/harfbuzz/2.6.4/lib -lharfbuzz''

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe two-column
iso-transl deuglify gnus-cus gnus-demon gnus-diary nndiary gnus-draft
gnus-dup gnus-fun gnus-html url-queue url-cache mm-url gnus-kill
gnus-logic gnus-mh mh-comp mh-scan mh-gnus mh-e mh-compat mh-buffers
mh-loaddefs gnus-registry registry eieio-base gnus-salt gnus-vm misearch
multi-isearch bug-reference gnus-uu yenc bbdb-message sendmail flyspell
ispell nnir flow-fill shr-color help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug
backtrace vc-git diff-mode sort smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr qp
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnfolder bbdb-gnus epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap shr
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util svg xml dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr cl-extra
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company
pcase display-line-numbers yasnippet help-mode elec-pair hideshow direnv
dash sanityinc-tomorrow-bright-theme color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow
color paren which-key init server init-prog flymake-proc flymake
warnings init-edit init-keys init-looks time hl-line init-env
exec-path-from-shell init-melpa init-tools projectile grep compile
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone
icomplete edmacro kmacro erc-auth erc-join erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp erc-loaddefs recentf tree-widget
wid-edit rx info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 534822 54718)
 (symbols 48 35457 1)
 (strings 32 113773 6507)
 (string-bytes 1 4575723)
 (vectors 16 52221)
 (vector-slots 8 867761 57894)
 (floats 8 542 243)
 (intervals 56 1963 1139)
 (buffers 1000 96))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid