Subject: bug#38959: Adding Coq 8.10.1 for Int63.Ring63 and Coq-Bignums

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 17:04:16 -0600

Hey all, and particularly the FM-Guix working group. I'd like to get Coq
8.10.1 into Guix as it provides support for the new Int63.Ring63 theory
number library. This would be immensely helpful in getting the
coq-bignums package up-to-date with some neat new tactics. I know that
the CoqIDE package now has an explicit dependency on lablgtk3 from
OCaml. Both Coq 8.10.1 and lablgtk3 exist on Julien's (cc) channel, but
I want to run the idea by Julien and others before possibly integrating
a new Coq into our repository.

We should be extra cautious when doing
this, as there is quite possibly some Coq packages that /do not/ run
against coqtop from a newer Coq version. So we very well may have to
make the newer Coq along side an existing version.

That's all, let me know what you think.

-- 
Brett M. Gilio
GNU Guix, Contributor | GNU Project, Webmaster
[DFC0 C7F7 9EE6 0CA7 AE55 5E19 6722 43C4 A03F 0EEE]
<[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>