Subject: bug#38926: pcmanfm-qt unable to open files by double click

From: "Reza Alizadeh Majd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 09:53:45 +0330

Hi Danny, 

> I don't think that will work.  According to the glib source code[1], the
> variable is read at runtime of the final program.

oh, your right !!! I incorrectly thought that GIO_LAUNCH_DESKTOP is a 
preprocessor macro. 
 
> What you could do is use your wrap-program in pcmanfm-qt, but with
> GIO_LAUNCH_DESKTOP (value like above) instead of PATH.  That should fix
> pcmanfm-qt and I don't see any forward incompatibility or side effects
> introduced by it either.  Also, glib would be unmodified.
> 
> The downside would be that we would have to patch other broken programs
> one by one (after *finding* them).
> 
> But I would still be in favor of that fix for now.  Could you try it and
> send a patch?

OK, so I fix and test pcmanfm-qt following this approach and submit the 
regarding patch.

-- 
Regards
Reza Alizadeh Majd
PantherX Team