Subject: bug#38926: pcmanfm-qt unable to open files by double click

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 23:37:45 +0100

Hi Reza,

I wouldn't change PATH in a *file manager*, of all programs.  That will make the
user hate his life should it ever pick up the wrong indirect child executable
because of that PATH change--which is opaque the user.

(Otherwise, often, your solution would have been the correct one--especially when
there are no indirect children)

Please try to find the actual source code line where it invokes
gio-launch-desktop .

For glib programs, I would suggest invoking

  gdb --args $(which pcmanfm-qt) --g-fatal-warnings

then

  r

and then wait until it crashes, then

  bt

.  It will tell you the exact location in the source code where the invocation
is.

No idea how to do that with Qt programs.  Hartmut?