Subject: Re: bug#38918: 26.3; EBDB fails to edit (add) tags

From: Jorge P. de Morais Neto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 10:49:39 -0300

Em [2020-01-07 ter 09:37:02-0800], Eric Abrahamsen escreveu:

> This is definitely on the roadmap, and taking me too long.  Presumably
> you'd export your Gmail contacts as a vCard file?  Or something else?

It seems Gmail supports vCard and two CSV variants[1].  I do not know
which works best.

  [1]: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-export-your-gmail-contacts-1171992

> I'm in the middle of writing a vCard parser, which is actually a
> separate library from EBDB (so other software can use it), but will be
> used in EBDB code.

Great!  Thank you.

> For the undo feature, please -- it's not high priority but it would be
> good to keep track of.

I'll do.

Regards
-- 
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.
- Free/libre software for Replicant, LineageOS and Android: https://f-droid.org
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]