Subject: bug#38918: 26.3; EBDB fails to edit (add) tags

From: Jorge P. de Morais Neto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 09:23:24 -0300

Em [2020-01-06 seg 11:40:30-0800], Eric Abrahamsen escreveu:

> Oh, sorry, these two were actually the same problem, and all should be
> fixed now.  I've done a 0.6.12 release -- would you update when it's
> available and check that this fixes everything?  Though I'm not sure
> if it will address your other error.  Let's get this closed out first.

Yes, with EBDB 0.6.12 I can insert and edit tags, and I can edit them
with both "e" and "E".  The error message when, in the extended
customize interface ("E"), I hit "[Apply]" and then "[Accept]", also
seems to have been fixed.  There is still one quirk: when I insert a
tags field on a record that already has a tags field, EBDB overwrites
the old field and, when it asks for the tags, it does not offer the
previous ones as default.  It would be more user-friendly if EBDB either
offered the previous tags as default, or simply signaled an error with a
short and clear message.

And two feature requests:

1. Undo.  So far I have never suffered much for the lack of undo (it is
   only an inconvenience) and of course I leave it up to you to
   prioritize this feature, but it would be useful, though clearly not
   as useful as 2:
2. Compatibility with other contacts formats.  I would like to import my
   Gmail contacts and complete my transition away from G$$gle spyware.

Should I open two bug reports for these two feature requests?

Regards
-- 
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.
- Free/libre software for Replicant, LineageOS and Android: https://f-droid.org
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]