Subject: Re: bug#38912: 27.0.60; PDumper meets segmentation fault when evil is loaded

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 11:17:54 +0200

> Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 09:49:14 +0800
> From: NiwTinray via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> I was testing the new portable dumper with my personal Emacs. When I
> loaded my dumped file, Emacs crashed on segmentation fault.
> After tracking down the issue, I found the issues is caused by the
> undo-tree mode in package "evil".
> To reproduce the bug, try this:
> 
> emacs --batch -f package-initialize --eval='(use-package evil :ensure
> t)' --eval='(dump-emacs-portable "test.pdmp")'  && emacs --dump-file
> test.pdmp

I cannot reproduce this from "emacs -Q" because 'use-package' is not a
known function.  Can you show a recipe starting from "emacs -Q",
please?

Also, does this happen if you add -Q to the Emacs invocation after
dumping?  If not, there's more detail missing in your report: the
customizations in your init files.

In addition, please also show the Lisp-level backtrace from the crash,
by using the xbacktrace command (it is defined in the src/.gdbinit
file in the Emacs source tree).

> Backtrace on crash:
> #0  0x00000000004f1240 in Fcurrent_active_maps (olp=olp@entry=0x30, position=position@entry=0x0) at keymap.c:1541

GDB usually displays the fatal signal that killed the program; can you
show that part as well?

Thanks.