Subject: [bug#38905] gnu: Add gnome-initial-setup.

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 00:31:14 +0100

Le Fri, 03 Jan 2020 15:51:58 -0500,
Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Hello Guix!
> 
> Please find the attached patch to add gnome-initial-setup.
> 
> Regards,
> RG.

Thanks for the patch!

I have a few questions about it, even though I didn't try to build it
yet. What is optional in configure-flags? You should probably remove
the comment in the inputs (the package doesn't exist, right?).

I'm a bit puzzled by how this package works. Should some of these
inputs be propagated or hard-coded in the code of the package?
Shouldn't they be available at runtime? What does ibus, upower and the
like do for the build itself?

I think pkg-config should be a native-input.

The description is a bit vague. What does it do exactly? Maybe there's
some things that guix cannot setup and that's what it's used for? I'm
not sure what the policy for "aims to" is, but I think I would remove
it.