Subject: Re: [bug#38904] gnu: Add gnome-color-manager.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 18:02:36 +0100

Hi Raghav,

On Thu, 09 Jan 2020 10:26:31 -0500
Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I believe this application retrives some information about graphical
> properties of a-i-t from a-i-t package.

To find out, I've removed it from the inputs and it built just fine and
gcm-viewer also started up fine.  What was the reason that you added it?

> Would it be okay if I leave things as it is for now?

You are free to leave it as is on your computer.  When merging it to
guix master there have to be some standards--otherwise master would be
perpetually broken.

In this specific case, some other packages in (gnu packages gnome) also have
adwaita-icon-theme as input.  Even when there is that input that is unused it
will not cause problems (however, it will also not do what you wanted
it to do--whatever that is).  Also, nothing depends on gnome-color-manager.
Therefore, applied to guix master as commit
29ae18db0578bbdbc0119703f7412fe91927e80e.

But really, having one specific theme (which is by definition a user-selectable
thing) as an input is weird.  Let's fix that everywhere eventually.