Subject: Re: [bug#38882] [PATCH] Add SameBoy

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 01:56:36 +0100

Hello,

Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]> writes:

> please find attached a patchset that adds SameBoy and RGBDS to the
> available packages. The latter is a dependency of the former, but is
> also quite useful on its own.

Thank you.

> +(define-public rgbds
> +  (package
> +    (name "rgbds")
> +    (version "v0.3.9")

This should be "0.3.9".

> +    (source (origin
> +              (method git-fetch)
> +              (uri (git-reference
> +                    (url "https://github.com/rednex/rgbds.git")
> +                    (commit version)))

You can add the missing "v" above : (commit (string-append "v" version))

> +(define-public sameboy
> +  (package
> +    (name "sameboy")
> +    (version "v0.12.3")

See above.

> +    (description "SameBoy is a user friendly Game Boy, Game Boy Color
> +and Super Game Boy emulator.  SameBoy is extremely accurate and includes a wide
> +range of powerful debugging features, making it ideal for both casual players
> +and developers.  In addition to accuracy and developer capabilities, SameBoy
> +has all the features one would expect from an emulator---from save states to
> +scaling filters.")

I think there are a lot of buzzwords in this description: "extremely
accurate", "powerful debugging features", "making it ideal"... What
about something like the following boring description:

    (description "SameBoy is a user friendly Game Boy, Game Boy Color
and Super Game Boy emulator.  SameBoy is accurate and includes a wide
range of debugging features.  It has all the features one would expect
from an emulator---from save states to scaling filters.")

Otherwise, LGTM.

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou