Subject: [bug#38873] [PATCH] gnu: curl: Make libcurl respect SSL_CERT_{DIR, FILE}

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 23:57:28 +0100

Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/curl.scm (curl-7.66.0): Use patch.
> * gnu/packages/patches/libcurl-use-ssl-cert-env.patch: New file.
>
> This fixes the SSL errors occuring when trying to use rust:cargo's
> download functionality.
>
> As an additional advantage, this will probably allow removing some
> package-specific work-arounds that have already been made. I have
> found such work-arounds in cmake and kodi, but am not familiar enough
> with either to confidently remove them.

Thanks!  We should probably adjust the (native-search-paths ...) field
of cURL to account for these new variables too.  Can you also rebase it
on 'core-updates'?

From reading the upstream discussion, there does not seem to be any
inherent problems with the patch.  So, LGTM.  Are you willing to
maintain it when it inevitably requires porting to newer versions?  :-)