Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] DRAFT doc: Add a cooption policy for commit access.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 19:15:48 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> DRAFT: Subject to discussion!
>
> * doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Draft a cooptation policy.

I like this!

> +Find three committers who would vouch for you, emailing a signed
> +statement to @email{guix-maintainers@@gnu.org} (a private alias for the
> +collective of maintainers).  You can view the list of committers at
> +@url{https://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=guix}.

I misinterpreted this to mean that the three committers would need to
sign their endorsement…

> +
> +@item
> +Send @email{guix-maintainers@@gnu.org} a signed message stating your
> +intent, listing the three committers who support your application, and
> +giving the fingerprint of the OpenPGP key you will use to sign commits
> +(see below).

I think it may be necessary to state that “signed” means the use of a
cryptographic signature here and not just “~~ Rekado” (as it would be
done on the Wikipedia for example).  Perhaps we could link to the email
self defense guide of the FSF?

    https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/

Thank you for the draft!

--
Ricardo