Subject: Re: [bug#38827] [PATCH] gnu: Add gitlab-runner.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 00:54:37 +0100

Hello!

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> I update the package definition following the above guidelines.
>> could you please check if this updated patch is acceptable?
>
> I fixed the indentation, added one space between the two description
> sentences and pushed.

The ‘vendor’ directory contains a large number of bundled dependencies,
including various bits of Docker and Kubernetes.  I’m not comfortable
keeping this package as is.

Reza, could you look into unbundling these, or at least a significant
part of these?

There’s a Go importer at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-04/msg00301.html>,
but it’s for ‘Gopkg.toml’ files, which seem to be out of fashion, so I’m
not sure it’d be useful.

In the meantime, I’d be in favor of reverting the patch.  WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.