Subject: bug#38818: Dired: mention deleting buffers, not just windows

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 18:08:36 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > It's not just Rmail, it's something in your personal setup as well.
  > Because I use Rmail as well, and have no such problems.  I'm guessing
  > it's some locale-dependent or coding-system-dependent customizations,
  > and perhaps also the way you fetch your email from gnu.org.

I fetch the mail by copying the inbox file verbatim, so I doubt it can
be that.

I debugged this some, and found that rfc2047-decode-encoded-words
is decoding header fields such as =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=C3=A9raud?=
incorrectly, using a peculiar choice of coding system, windows-1252.
That seems to come from mm-charset-to-coding-system.

Does anyone see how that could happen?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)