Subject: [bug#38810] [PATCH] services: console-font: Update example with HDPI font suggestion.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 22:58:59 +0100

Hi!

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Another HDPI-inspired patch; since Marrakech I finally have a readable
> console font, thanks to Bernhard M. Wiedemann.

:-)

> This solution enters the manual in a kind of tricksy way.  More
> seriously, when updating the `guix system search console font' example
> output, I found that mingetty and login and ... entries to be missing.
> Is that a bug, or should the output be fixed?  We could also change
> the example command to `guix search console', then those entries are
> present again.

Yeah, we should just change the example to “guix search console”.

>>>From 1b0d736405354c2c1aeb7aee00e63307d956ceae Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 11:56:58 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] services: console-font: Update example with HDPI font
>  suggestion.
>
> This solution was kindly provided by Bernard M. Wiedemann.
>
> * gnu/services/base.scm (console-font-service-type): Add ter132n (terminus 132
> nomal) font example, for HDPI displays.
> * doc/guix.texi (Invoking guix system): Update `guix system search console
> font' example output.

LGTM!

> +@cindex HDPI

Do people expect “HDPI” or “HiDPI”?  Wikipedia says both:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_density#Named_pixel_densities>.
Perhaps add two cindex entries then?

Thanks!

Ludo’.