Subject: Samsung Chromebook 3

From: Caleb Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 20:02:11 -0600

I tried running the Guix System installer on my Chromebook.  I wanted to
try replacing GalliumOS.

Unsurprisingly, I get many errors do to proprietary firmware.  My
keyboard doesn't work, so I can't check what all the messages said, and
I can go no further with the installation.

Model
Samsung Chromebook 3

Hardware ID
CELES

Year
2016

Processor
Intel Braswell

It's supported by GalliumOS, but there are multiple issues:

	CELES (Samsung Chromebook 3) This model has been problematic for many
users, but it has also been perfectly successful for others, We haven't
been able to find the differences that separate these two groups, so we
do not recommend CELES. If you already own a CELES, and would like to
try GalliumOS, give it a shot! You might be one of the lucky ones.
However, if you are looking to purchase a Chromebook with the intention
of running GalliumOS, we strongly suggest choosing a different model.

https://wiki.galliumos.org/Hardware_Compatibility#cite_note-CELES-22