Subject: Re: [bug#38803] [PATCH] gnu: elfutils: Update to 0.178

From: Mark Wielaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 03:04:33 +0100

Hi Brett,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 01:44:21AM +0000, Brett Gilio wrote:
> Funny you submitted this, I was working on the same package
> about an hour ago. We must be reading each other's minds. You got
> significantly farther than I did.

Thanks for looking at it. This is my first guix patch, so please be
gentle. I do maintain elfutils upstream, so I did have a little
advantage picking some upstream patches which hadn't gone into the
release yet.

> One thing I did do differently was that I extended the list of
> licenses to include the ones mentioned in the comment.  I'll look at
> your patch, and hopefully this will be ready for core-updates. Thank
> you :)

Good you mention the licenses. I forgot to update them licenses. 0.178
introduces some new documentation (man pages), one of them is under
the GFDL (without invariant sections).

Also I am not sure how precisely we should mention the dual
gplv2+/lgplv3+ license for the "out" output libraries and the gplv3+
license for the "bin" output (and where the gfdl should be added).

Thanks,

Mark