Subject: bug#38789: closed (Re: bug#38789: curseradio: executable path failure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 07:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38789: curseradio: executable path failure

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38789: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38789
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38789: curseradio: executable path failure
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 09:50:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The path to mpv is now hardcoded in curseradio and it should be working
now as expected. I didn't get the crash you reported, but I couldn't
hear any music since I don't have speakers on my machine :p

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: curseradio: executable path failure
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 18:03:27 -0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

curseradio package in guix a7a4928 builds fine, but fails during run
time with error:

```
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/gnu/store/ac696zknci0rxxr9d0lmd7dr9gyr734l-curseradio-0-
1.1bd4bd0/bin/.curseradio-real", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('curseradio==0.2', 'console_scripts',
'curseradio')()
  File "/gnu/store/ac696zknci0rxxr9d0lmd7dr9gyr734l-curseradio-0-
1.1bd4bd0/lib/python3.7/site-packages/curseradio/__main__.py", line 5,
in main
    curses.wrapper(OPMLBrowser)
  File "/gnu/store/608bvypsh90c58apvd2cgg3m9l2pwjqn-python-
3.7.4/lib/python3.7/curses/__init__.py", line 102, in wrapper
    return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
  File "/gnu/store/ac696zknci0rxxr9d0lmd7dr9gyr734l-curseradio-0-
1.1bd4bd0/lib/python3.7/site-packages/curseradio/curseradio.py", line
280, in __init__
    self.interact()
  File "/gnu/store/ac696zknci0rxxr9d0lmd7dr9gyr734l-curseradio-0-
1.1bd4bd0/lib/python3.7/site-packages/curseradio/curseradio.py", line
406, in interact
    stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL, stdin=subprocess.DEVNULL)
  File "/gnu/store/608bvypsh90c58apvd2cgg3m9l2pwjqn-python-
3.7.4/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__
    restore_signals, start_new_session)
  File "/gnu/store/608bvypsh90c58apvd2cgg3m9l2pwjqn-python-
3.7.4/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/bin/mpv':
'/usr/bin/mpv'
```

This occurs after navigating the menu and attempting to play a radio
station. Obviously the package's mpv executable path was not set
correctly during the build.

-- 
Christopher Howard
p: +1 (907) 374-0257
w: https://librehacker.com
social: https://gnusocial.club/librehacker
gpg: ADDEAADE5D607C8D (keys.gnupg.net)