Subject: bug#3878: closed (Re: bug#3878: 23.1.50; overlay 'after-string unhides invisible buffer parts)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 00:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#3878: 23.1.50; overlay 'after-string unhides invisible buffer parts

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
3878: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3878
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#3878: 23.1.50; overlay 'after-string unhides invisible buffer parts
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:29:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There's insufficient information here to do anything.

Subject: 23.1.50; overlay 'after-string unhides invisible buffer parts
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:28:52 +0200

I have seen this problem when trying to get company-mode to work in
org-mode buffers. company-mode (see EmacsWiki for info) uses an
overlay to display a menu. The menu is displayed in the overlays
'after-string. This 'after-string also includes a copy of the covered
buffer parts. These parts are hidden by an overlay property 'invisible
t.

However if the buffer has invisible parts that are covered with the
overlay things gets wrong. These parts are unhidden (in a rather
strange way).

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-06-30
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'