Subject: bug#3877: Bug probably solved

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:17:15 +0200

Am 16.08.2009 um 01:08 schrieb Chong Yidong:

>> It looks as if the cause lies in incompatible versions (of
>> libraries), most probably Xft2, and here C header and PC files. I'll
>> retry a build later tonight with the updated extra files removed.
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Was this resolved?

I think it is not. I build GNU Emacs 23.1.50 now, a few days, with  
GTK and need some more xkills. Before, with Xaw3d, sporadically cores  
were built upon xkill. Both variants of the X client are built with  
shared libraries from MacPorts (plus some inevitable ones from the  
system), which all are, supposedly, fitting each-other. When both  
variants act so differently than one has to have something like a  
bug, related to libXaw3d or libXt or libXmu presumingly, which the  
Athena 3D variant uses.

(The next ten or such days I'll presumingly be on holidays.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised.