Subject: Re: Bug probably solved

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:30:06 +0200

Am 16.08.2009 um 01:08 schrieb Chong Yidong:

>> It looks as if the cause lies in incompatible versions (of
>> libraries), most probably Xft2, and here C header and PC files. I'll
>> retry a build later tonight with the updated extra files removed.
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Was this resolved?

No, not really. I'd have to change some statements in the Makefiles  
to make ld bind the binaries to particular libraries (most probably  
statically) and haven't yet used my spare-time to investigate on this  
topic, copy good examples from other software. Besides, maybe I am  
the last one who tries to compile up-to-date software on an old set  
of soft- and PPC hardware. Apple's Tiger, Mac OS X 10.4(.11), is now  
four or five years old, the 'recent' Mac OS X 10.5.x, Leopard, is  
going to be superseded by Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6, any day now...

Since I am sure that this is the reality (not a 'buggy' software from  
GNU/FSF) I am a bit reluctant and rather pay attention to not xkill  
GNU Emacs.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
         than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
         bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.