Subject: Re: bug#38748: 28.0.50; crash on MacOS 10.15.2

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 10:43:10 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Yesterday, Emacs 27.0.60 (built from HEAD) crashed on my macOS
>> ...
> In general, if Emacs crashes from time to time, my advice is to run it
> under a debugger at all times, and when it crashes, produce a
> backtrace and post it together with the bug report.  If you can afford
> leaving the crashed session under the debugger, please do, as we might
> have some requests for you to look inside the crashed session and show
> values of some variables.

Thanks for this info. I'll follow the above steps.

>> Is there a crash dump create somewhere? I am not aware of it.
>
> It's your OS function.  I don't use macOS, but every modern OS records
> some information about a crash of every program in some place, so
> searching the Internet and/or your system documentation will certainly
> reveal how to find that place and look up the crash info from there.
>

Yes. About 10 mins back, my Emacs crashed again (Emacs-27.0.60
HEAD). Got the OS dump,

https://send.firefox.com/download/2efd11c5e13a4fd7/#AsR4tM-dV4cV4Cwig09pyA

Regards
Pankaj