Subject: bug#38748: 28.0.50; crash on MacOS 10.15.2

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 10:08:29 +0200

> From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 06:26:45 +0000
> 
> Yesterday, Emacs 27.0.60 (built from HEAD) crashed on my macOS
> 10.15.2. I could not reproduce it after many tries. But just in case if
> it happens again, what information should I share apart from steps to
> reproduce.

In general, if Emacs crashes from time to time, my advice is to run it
under a debugger at all times, and when it crashes, produce a
backtrace and post it together with the bug report.  If you can afford
leaving the crashed session under the debugger, please do, as we might
have some requests for you to look inside the crashed session and show
values of some variables.

> Is there a crash dump create somewhere? I am not aware of it.

It's your OS function.  I don't use macOS, but every modern OS records
some information about a crash of every program in some place, so
searching the Internet and/or your system documentation will certainly
reveal how to find that place and look up the crash info from there.

Thanks.