Subject: bug#38724: closed (Re: bug#38714: 27.0.60; comint-tests failure (Ubuntu 18.04.3))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 21:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38724: 27.0.60; comint-tests failure (Ubuntu 18.04.3)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38724: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38724
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38714: 27.0.60; comint-tests failure (Ubuntu 18.04.3)
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: "Michael R. Mauger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 13:03:17 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 12/30/19 12:35 PM, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
> Is this the same problem as bug#38813? A fix for that bug has been pushed.

Yes, Bug#38724 (not 38714) is fixed now for me. Thanks. Closing that bug.

Subject: 27.0.60; comint-tests failure (Ubuntu 18.04.3)
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs bug reports and feature requests <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Michael R. Mauger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 12:43:39 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs-27 'make check' fails on my Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS x86-64 host. If in the test
directory I type 'M-x compile RET make lisp/comint-tests RET' I see the following:

make  lisp/comint-tests </dev/null
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/eggert/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-27-sc/test'
  ELC      lisp/comint-tests.elc
  GEN      lisp/comint-tests.log
Running 4 tests (2019-12-23 12:40:46-0800, selector `(not (tag :unstable))')
Buffer " *temp*-736584" has a running process; kill it? (yes or no)

and the test hangs indefinitely. The test should work even if standard input is
/dev/null.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo
version 1.15.10)
 of 2019-12-23 built on day
Repository revision: 9eb871c8d102c548a53ab9a5fe212067863f5bff
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Recent messages:

Configured using:
 'configure --with-cairo --with-modules --enable-gcc-warnings'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils whitespace
finder-inf package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 67274 9499)
 (symbols 48 8082 1)
 (strings 32 23290 1944)
 (string-bytes 1 743991)
 (vectors 16 13364)
 (vector-slots 8 170002 9292)
 (floats 8 21 21)
 (intervals 56 213 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))