Subject: Re: bug#38715: Issue with guile-email: unbound variable

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 06:56:03 +0100

Jelle,

Jelle Licht 写道：
> Hey guix,
>
> Pretty recently, it seems something weird is happening when 
> playing with
> guix on the REPL.
>
> On master, 5a947e118fb72b8fb1fd0c8d0b783fc7cde0c461:
>
> --8<---------------cut 
> here---------------start------------->8---
> $ guix repl
>> (use-modules (gnu packages gnupg))
> While compiling expression:
> error: guile-email: unbound variable.
> --8<---------------cut 
> here---------------end--------------->8---

Ah!  Glad someone else is seeing this too.  Below's the full 
backtrace if it's of interest to anyone.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:29 19 (map1 (((gnu packages imagemagick)) ((gnu packages 
   w3m)) ((gnu packages wget)) ((gnu packages autotools)) ((gnu 
   packages base)) ((gnu packages compression)) ((gnu packages 
   node)) ((gnu packages xml)) ((# …)) …))
   222:29 18 (map1 (((gnu packages w3m)) ((gnu packages wget)) 
   ((gnu packages autotools)) ((gnu packages base)) ((gnu packages 
   compression)) ((gnu packages node)) ((gnu packages xml)) ((gnu 
   packages glib)) ((gnu # acl)) # …))
   222:29 17 (map1 (((gnu packages wget)) ((gnu packages 
   autotools)) ((gnu packages base)) ((gnu packages compression)) 
   ((gnu packages node)) ((gnu packages xml)) ((gnu packages 
   glib)) ((gnu packages acl)) ((gnu # mail)) …))
   222:29 16 (map1 (((gnu packages autotools)) ((gnu packages 
   base)) ((gnu packages compression)) ((gnu packages node)) ((gnu 
   packages xml)) ((gnu packages glib)) ((gnu packages acl)) ((gnu 
   packages mail)) ((gnu # #)) (#) …))
   222:29 15 (map1 (((gnu packages base)) ((gnu packages 
   compression)) ((gnu packages node)) ((gnu packages xml)) ((gnu 
   packages glib)) ((gnu packages acl)) ((gnu packages mail)) 
   ((gnu packages messaging)) ((gnu # #)) (#) …))
   222:29 14 (map1 (((gnu packages compression)) ((gnu packages 
   node)) ((gnu packages xml)) ((gnu packages glib)) ((gnu 
   packages acl)) ((gnu packages mail)) ((gnu packages messaging)) 
   ((gnu packages package-management)) # …))
   222:29 13 (map1 (((gnu packages node)) ((gnu packages xml)) 
   ((gnu packages glib)) ((gnu packages acl)) ((gnu packages 
   mail)) ((gnu packages messaging)) ((gnu packages 
   package-management)) ((gnu packages perl)) ((# …)) …))
   222:29 12 (map1 (((gnu packages xml)) ((gnu packages glib)) 
   ((gnu packages acl)) ((gnu packages mail)) ((gnu packages 
   messaging)) ((gnu packages package-management)) ((gnu packages 
   perl)) ((gnu packages pdf)) ((gnu …)) …))
   222:29 11 (map1 (((gnu packages glib)) ((gnu packages acl)) 
   ((gnu packages mail)) ((gnu packages messaging)) ((gnu packages 
   package-management)) ((gnu packages perl)) ((gnu packages pdf)) 
   ((gnu packages scheme)) ((…)) …))
   222:29 10 (map1 (((gnu packages acl)) ((gnu packages mail)) 
   ((gnu packages messaging)) ((gnu packages package-management)) 
   ((gnu packages perl)) ((gnu packages pdf)) ((gnu packages 
   scheme)) ((gnu packages speech)) (#) …))
   222:17  9 (map1 (((gnu packages mail)) ((gnu packages 
   messaging)) ((gnu packages package-management)) ((gnu packages 
   perl)) ((gnu packages pdf)) ((gnu packages scheme)) ((gnu 
   packages speech)) ((gnu packages xiph)) (#) …))
  2800:17  8 (resolve-interface (gnu packages mail) #:select _ 
  #:hide _ #:prefix _ #:renamer _ #:version _)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
    390:8  7 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  2726:13  6 (_)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
    390:8  5 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  2994:20  4 (_)
   2312:4  3 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 748881fa1db0 at 
   ice-9/boot-9.scm:2995:21 ()>)
  3014:26  2 (_)
In unknown file:
           1 (primitive-load-path "gnu/packages/mail" #<procedure 
           748881c88280 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3001:37 ()>)
In gnu/packages/mail.scm:
   779:28  0 (_)

gnu/packages/mail.scm:779:28: error: guile-email: unbound variable