Subject: Re: bug#38715: Issue with guile-email: unbound variable

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 21:03:49 +0100

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Could it be that the reference to guile-email in the version field of
>> mumimu created this issue?
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> (version (git-version (package-version guile-email) revision commit))
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I also spotted this. It looks to me sort of like a copy/paste error, I'm
> not sure why this variant of mu would take the version of the
> guile-email package.

This is a copy/paste error.  The origin of this expression is the
guix.scm file of mumi.  Ludo then wrote a mumi service and copied the
definition of mumimu from that guix.scm file.

(package-version guile-email) is obviously wrong.  It should have been
(package-version mu), because mumimu is a fork of mu.

--
Ricardo