Subject: bug#38715: Issue with guile-email: unbound variable

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 14:48:52 +0100

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:

>> My best guess is that this has something to do with a circular
>> reference between guile modules, but I am not certain on how to easily
>> debug (and fix) this.
>
> I updated the guile-email package two days ago. I hope that is not what
> introduced this problem, and I don't see how it could have. Even `guix
> build guile-email` on the terminal fails with a guile-email unbound
> variable error.

I do not think it was that commit, as I found the offending commit:
c7b2b539802eaa3f969e212c98eb671a1a75e9f3

This is the commit that adds mumimu to gnu/packages/mail.scm, as well as
to the inputs of mumi. Reverting this commit (at least) solves the issue
I had in the first mail.

Could it be that the reference to guile-email in the version field of
mumimu created this issue?
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(version (git-version (package-version guile-email) revision commit))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

- Jelle