Subject: bug#38709: closed (Re: bug#38709: Recursive crate importer ignores specified version)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 22:21:01 +0000

Your bug report

#38709: Recursive crate importer ignores specified version

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38709: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38709
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38709: Recursive crate importer ignores specified version
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Valentin Ignatev <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 23:20:22 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Valentin,

Valentin Ignatev <[email-masked]> skribis:

> When I'm trying to recursively import specific crate version, it
> imports the latest version instead:
>
> guix import crate --recursive [email-masked] gives this output:
> following redirection to
> `https://static.crates.io/crates/notify/notify-5.0.0-pre.1.crate'...
> following redirection to
> `https://static.crates.io/crates/anymap/anymap-0.12.1.crate'...
> following redirection to
> `https://static.crates.io/crates/bitflags/bitflags-1.2.1.crate'...
>
> And so on, so it follows notify-5.0.0 instead of 4.0.14

Commit c7ca707b59304a978cab8c5c25401259c6c18214 should fix this.

Martin Becze <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Currently the recusive importer doesn't respect version numbers.
> Progress is being made on this in issue 38408
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/38408

Yes, that will come in handy, though I think
c7ca707b59304a978cab8c5c25401259c6c18214 does provides the immediate fix
for the issue at hand.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: Recursive crate importer ignores specified version
From: Valentin Ignatev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 21:56:03 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I'm trying to recursively import specific crate version, it
imports the latest version instead:

guix import crate --recursive [email-masked] gives this output:
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/notify/notify-5.0.0-pre.1.crate'...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/anymap/anymap-0.12.1.crate'...
following redirection to
`https://static.crates.io/crates/bitflags/bitflags-1.2.1.crate'...

And so on, so it follows notify-5.0.0 instead of 4.0.14

Regards,
Valentin Ignatev