Subject: bug#38705: 26.3; set-frame-size pixelwise makes frame larger

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 21:36:50 +0900

set-frame-size with PIXELWISE=t makes frame larger than specified value.
(setq frame-resize-pixelwise t) makes no difference.

(progn (set-frame-size nil 500 500 t)
       (list (list (frame-outer-width)
                   (frame-pixel-width)
                   (frame-inner-width))
             (list (frame-outer-height)
                   (frame-pixel-height)
                   (frame-inner-height))))
=>((549 533 533) (595 536 536))

(progn (set-frame-size nil 1000 1000 t)
       (list (list (frame-outer-width)
                   (frame-pixel-width)
                   (frame-inner-width))
             (list (frame-outer-height)
                   (frame-pixel-height)
                   (frame-inner-height))))
=>((1049 1033 1033) (1095 1036 1036))

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Recent messages:

Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug tabify network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls mailalias
smtpmail auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
sendmail sort cus-edit wid-edit cus-start cus-load cl-extra thingatpt
help-fns radix-tree info mail-extr message rmc puny seq dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived
epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader help-mode easymenu
cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-loaddefs cl-lib cconv
debug rect misearch multi-isearch elec-pair time-date mule-util
japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 153461 39548)
 (symbols 48 24728 1)
 (miscs 40 107 477)
 (strings 32 47512 1964)
 (string-bytes 1 1134114)
 (vectors 16 21297)
 (vector-slots 8 994377 94862)
 (floats 8 68 408)
 (intervals 56 1272 243)
 (buffers 992 19))