Subject: Re: bug#38699: Simple keystrokes to change font size

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 19:09:49 +0200

tags 38699 notabug
close 38699
thanks

> From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 08:43:33 +0800
> 
> >>>>> "EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> EZ> There are: "C-x C-+" and "C-x C--".  In Emacs 27, there's also
> EZ> C-wheel-up and C-wheel-down.
> 
> OK very good.
> Problem is: User uses it. Says "Ah, now I've got it perfect."
> But there is no additional command to spit out some lisp that he can
> paste in his .emacs file to make his changes permanent to the next
> session.

That's because these commands are explicitly meant for temporary or
transient changes, and their effect is buffer-local.

If you want to change/customize the _default_ font, there's the
Options->Set Default Font menu-bar item, and after selecting a new
font size (or an entirely new font), you can select Options->Save
Options, and have the change written into your init file.

So I don't see a bug here, and I'm therefore closing this bug report.

> No consideration is made that the user might want to save his changes.

Please in the future try giving us a bit more credit, TIA.