Subject: Re: [bug#38686] [PATCH] gnu: Add mpv-mpris.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 19:31:02 +0100

Hello!

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/video.scm (mpv-mpris): New variable.

[...]

> +    (home-page "https://github.com/hoyon/mpv-mpris")
> +    (synopsis "MPRIS plugin for mpv")
> +    (description "MPRIS plugin for mpv written in C.  Implements
> +@code{org.mpris.MediaPlayer2} and @code{org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player} D-Bus
> +interfaces.

Please write full sentences and provide some context, like:

  This package provides a plugin for the mpv media player, adding
  support for the Mblah… System (MPRIS).  It implements the …

> +To load this plugin, specify the following option when starting mpv:
> +@code{--script $GUIX_PROFILE/lib/mpris.so} or link it into
> +$HOME/.config/mpv/scripts")
  ^
@file

Otherwise LGTM!  :-)

Ludo’, who doesn’t know what MPRIS is.