Subject: bug#38684: 26.3; toggle menu bar twice may change frame height

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 11:44:27 +0900

If the frame is narrow enough to display the menu bar for current buffer
in two lines and wide enough to display the menu bar for minibuffer in
one line, toggling menu bar using minibuffer(M-x menu-bar-mode) twice
enlarges the frame height.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Recent messages:

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(help-mode pp shadow emacsbug network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls
mailalias smtpmail auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs sendmail sort mail-extr message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader misearch multi-isearch dired dired-loaddefs
elec-pair time-date mule-util japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 121914 19301)
 (symbols 48 22766 0)
 (miscs 40 88 315)
 (strings 32 34258 2198)
 (string-bytes 1 890517)
 (vectors 16 16499)
 (vector-slots 8 618004 12452)
 (floats 8 56 304)
 (intervals 56 2310 214)
 (buffers 992 18))