Subject: Re: bug#38665: [PATCH] Add nosqueeze for fill-paragraph

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 04:44:26 +0200

Phil Sainty <[email-masked]> writes:

> My suggestion there for C-u C-u was:
>
>>>> That could mean "prompt for the fill-prefix, and use the default
>>>> column and justify values", but it might be more useful to instead
>>>> make it prompt for *everything* -- justify, fill-column,
>>>> fill-prefix, and maybe left-margin too.
>>>> The default value would be provided in each case, so you could
>>>> just RET your way past the ones you didn't want to change.
>
> I think we could blend the 'nosqueeze' option into all this, but if
> the new changes could happen in a way which wouldn't create any serious
> conflicts for the other changes I'm still hoping to get made, that
> would be grand.
>
> Or if someone is motivated, please feel free to run with what I'd
> already done.  I may have some more-recent local WIP on my other
> machine; I'll have a look for that later.

I think the idea is sound -- there's so many variations of what you'd
possibly want this command to do, so prompting seems good: Neither user
options nor adding more prefix combinations would help, I think.

If you could finish up the WIP and post the patch, that'd be great.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no