Subject: Re: bug#38658: perl-mode: EOF in same color as here doc text

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 08:49:32 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> First, I'll note that all the rest of font-lock highlights the comment
> and string delimiters the same as the comment and string contents,
> except for the `font-lock-comment-delimiter-face`, so you might like to
> check how `font-lock-comment-delimiter-face` is done.

Hm, right...

I just noticed that heredocs in .sh files are fontified identically to
in Perl-mode, by the way.

>> We apparently want to put that syntax on at the end of the heredoc, but
>> stop fontifying at the start of the final EOF.
>
> Rather than "not fontify" the delimiter, I think it'll be much easier to
> add extra fontification to it.

Right.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no