Subject: bug#38646: closed (Re: bug#38646: 26.3; wrong cursor display with scroll bar settings)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 23:10:03 +0000

Your bug report

#38646: 26.3; wrong cursor display with scroll bar settings

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38646: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38646
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38646: 26.3; wrong cursor display with scroll bar settings
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 16:09:24 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> On December 17, 2019 9:00:19 AM GMT+02:00, [email-masked] wrote:
>>
>> Evaluating the form1 below with C-x C-e, the text cursor is displayed
>> at
>> the beginning of the line.
>>
>> ;; form1
>> (set-frame-parameter nil 'scroll-bar-width (window-scroll-bar-width))
>>
>> Evaluating the form2 below with C-x C-e, the text cursor is displayed
>> at
>> the same column of the first line of the window, or not displayed when
>> the first line has shorter length.
>>
>> ;; form2
>> (set-frame-parameter nil 'scroll-bar-height
>> (window-scroll-bar-height))
>
> Thanks, this appears to have been fixed already: I can reproduce in Emacs 26.3,
> but not in the current master branch (which will become Emacs 27.1).  In the
> master branch, the cursor stays put after the closing parenthesis following the
> evaluation of both forms.

The above indicates this has been fixed already, and there has been no
further followup within 36 weeks.  I'm therefore closing this bug
report.

If this conclusion is incorrect and this is still an issue, please reply
to this email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can
reopen the bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 26.3; wrong cursor display with scroll bar settings
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 16:00:19 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Evaluating the form1 below with C-x C-e, the text cursor is displayed at
the beginning of the line.

;; form1
(set-frame-parameter nil 'scroll-bar-width (window-scroll-bar-width))

Evaluating the form2 below with C-x C-e, the text cursor is displayed at
the same column of the first line of the window, or not displayed when
the first line has shorter length.

;; form2
(set-frame-parameter nil 'scroll-bar-height (window-scroll-bar-height))

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Recent messages:

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls mailalias smtpmail auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs misearch multi-isearch
help-mode pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
elec-pair time-date mule-util japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 110806 18632)
 (symbols 48 21122 1)
 (miscs 40 60 319)
 (strings 32 32317 1814)
 (string-bytes 1 850598)
 (vectors 16 16474)
 (vector-slots 8 593187 13322)
 (floats 8 56 354)
 (intervals 56 530 0)
 (buffers 992 15))