Subject: Re: bug#38643: [PATCH] Add spacemacs package

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:36:11 +0200

Hi,

This patch #38643 submission had fallen into the cracks

http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/38643

What is the next action?  Is it worth to include it despite the fact
that:

        > Do I get it right that Spacemacs will try to fetch the
        > packages it needs via pkg.el (ELPA)?
        >
        > Longer-term, it would be nice if it could fetch packages
        > through Guix, using Emacs-Guix.  Are you familiar with this
        > part of Spacemacs?

        I agree that this should be the long-term plan, though I would
        like to avoid the overhead of maintaining each individual ELPA
        package separately. I have not `guix import`ed an ELPA package
        before, but I know that for some other imports manual fixup is
        needed. Do you know if this is the case for ELPA? If so, I would
        prefer to work on a way to fix that than to manually maintain
        dozens of packages.

or do we drop it?

Cheers,
simon